Holiday baking is always one of my favorite Christmas traditions. My family have so many favorites it’s always hard to decide what to make on any given night. There are several treats I make regularly which my kids just seem to devour and others I only make for special occasions.
For our Holiday baking class, I decided to share one of my favorite “special occasion” treats. These are a firm favorite and everyone loves them.
Chocolate covered Orange Creams.
What you’ll need….
1 Package of Cream Cheese
1 Package of Orange KoolAid
3/4 Jar of Orange Marmalade
4 lbs Powdered Sugar
1 – 12 oz Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 Package of Almond Bark
Prep work before you get started you’ll need….
- Cream Cheese at room temperature.
- A small sifter.
- 2-3 Cookie Sheets lined with Parchment paper.
- Large mixing bowl.
- Microwave safe bowl.
- Chop your almond bark into smaller pieces.
- Tools for dipping your candies. tooth picks or candy dipping tools or a fork will work.
- In your bowl or mixer place soft cream cheese and package of kool aid. Mix well until well blended. Scrape sides of bowl if needed.
- Using a spoon strain marmalade to remove rind – (you can keep the rind if you like your candy with chunky pieces.) you’ll need about 2/3 of the jar.
- Mix together well until you have a smooth and creamy texture.
- Slowly Start adding the powered sugar… you’ll want your orange candy to be the consistency of play dough so make sure you don’t over add the powdered sugar.
- Once you have the right consistence take small amounts and roll into small balls and place on the lined cookie sheets.
- Place cookie sheets into your freezer – this will help set your candy and make it easier to dip.
- In your microwave safe bowl add the chopped almond bark and bag of chocolate chips. Using 30 second increments start to melt the chocolate. After each 30 seconds stir well and wait about 1 minute… you should only need to repeat this about 3 or 4 times. Once the chocolate is fully melted set the bowl into a pan of hot water.
- Remove trays from freezer and dip each candy into the chocolate and return to the cold pan.
- Once all the chocolates are dipped you can freeze them for future use or eat and enjoy right away.
- These make great friend and neighbor gifts and will quickly become a new family favorite.
I hope you will have great fun making these delicious chocolates and love them as much as I do.